Montag, 7. März 2011

Hello sunshine!

I am still a bit overwhelmed by the great bead soup blog hop. So much creativity and inspiration out there!!!
I have found some really interesting blogs, got new followers (hello to you all!!) and found a friend: my bead soup partner Nicki from Nicki's Reef.
Nicki, you rock!!

A huge THANK YOU goes to all the lovely people who stopped by and left a comment!

And of course, though I have said that quite often now, to Lori, the host of the whole incredible thing. Thank you so much, Lori!!

It's a beautiful sunny spring day here, so I was in the mood to take some pictures of the necklace and bracelet I had made for my daughter's 12th birthday in february.
Unfortunately the quality of the pictures is not the best, but I thought I'd send you some sunshine...!

Okay, this is shadow. But, friends... shadow!!! I haven't seen shadows for a long time!!!


Shadow again. But at least the necklace and bracelet say SUMMER, don't they.




Sunshine! Yay!

The resin pendant I have made especially for my daughter is from a painting/collage made by me (inspired by the towers and turrets workshop of Sharon Tomlinson and Deryn Mentock) and says "Glück", which means fortune - and also bliss, happiness, serendipity...!
Serendipity, by the way, is one of my favourite English words!

And here is a simple bracelet I have made for myself while I chose the beads for Nicki's bead soup. It's so simple, but I LOVE it especially for its simplicity!

Oh, and have you already signed up for our first German Bead Babes Challenge???
You can read everything about it in the post below! It's open to everyone, worldwide, wether you have a blog or not!

9 Kommentare:

Rebecca hat gesagt…

Love that bracelet - did you make the clasp yourself??

TesoriTrovati hat gesagt…

I am not one that is drawn to hearts, but I really love this pendant! It means so much that it is your artwork as well. I would wear that in a heartbeat. Serendipity is one of my favorite words to say and mean as well. Have you ever seen the movie called Serendipity with John Cusack? Such a beautiful love story!
Enjoy the day! Erin

Heidi Post hat gesagt…

I am in no need of sunlight here in Sunny Swampland, but I do appreciate your outdoor photos. I really like both items - especially the kitty bead on the necklace :) One of these days, I'm really going to have to experiment with resin.

steufel hat gesagt…

Oh Janna, sind die Sachen schön. Und der Armband-Verschluss ist traumhaft!

Cindy hat gesagt…

Janna, your daughter's necklace is really beautiful... I love long designs like that and all full of color!

Nicki hat gesagt…

Die Kette ist super, vor allem der Anhänger - aber das Armband würde ich auch sofort anziehen - passt perfekt zu meiner 1. Kette. Wir haben jetzt schon 5 Teilnehmer - ich sammel das erst mal, ok?

Doris hat gesagt…

wunderschön !!!
Grüßle
Doris

Dena hat gesagt…

I LOVE the necklace you made. It looks beautiful in the sun and in the shade!

Karen Williams hat gesagt…

Heart's aren't one of my favorite motifs, but I really like this one; the off-kilter shape, the bold colors and the window motif all conspired to make me smile.

I bet she loved it.